Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Not Your Average Lesson Horses!


Teaching is now a daily part of my life. I have students coming and going most of the day, and spend a day or two in Whatcom County up by Deming and Glacier with three students there. It's challenging, fun and sometimes very tiring.


My lesson horses are my four mustangs adopted from the wild. They can be soft and gentle and they can be full of beans. In so many of my photos they are looking so relaxed and are so very gentle it's easy to forget how powerful they can be. The dun horse is Shaman, a 6 yr old Kiger. Gelded late, he's the pretty boy with perfect conformation.
They love it when all the gates are open and they can blast up and down the hills!
 Black Elk,  my 4 year old from Northern Nevada has the white socks.
I think I'd call this Horse Play!
 And then, because they are mustangs and they have a quick response, but also a quick let down to relaxation, they settle in and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment